One simple goal
To make applications database independent with minimal effort
We consider ourselves an extension of our customers' development team and we view our customers as "partners in success."
Mertech Data Systems, Inc. founded in 1997, has grown to be the leading provider of high-performance Index Sequencing Database Connectivity (ISDBC) drivers. The Mertech family of products offers the global DataFlex and Btrieve community a solid way to switch to leading RDBMS from ISAM databases with minimal effort.
Typically, complex business applications using ISAM-type databases require significant re-engineering effort when switching to a relational database, but Mertech's drivers enable DataFlex and Btrieve users to easily migrate data to run their applications in SQL database environments.
The Mertech plug-in approach quickly bridges the gap between existing data and more effective emerging technologies by eliminating the need to undertake a costly, time-consuming source-code re-write. The result is a seamless interface with existing applications.
We gauge our success by an increase in the business of our customers and the positive role we play in the market. In the past 10 years, Mertech's customer base has grown to 7,500+ companies in over 20 countries around the world! We keep growing at a steady pace because our customers can leverage their new found database independence to make themselves more competitive and to grow their own customer base.
Our customers include ExxonMobil, General Electric, Somentec Software, Structure Products, and Telewest Communications, among other major corporations. We have been able to achieve important milestones that encompass technology innovation for entry into new and exciting markets.
- 1996: Mertech Data Systems began operations and quickly became a leading developer of high-performance ISAM to SQL connectivity drivers. Initial products were engineered to provide the international DataFlex community with efficient, secure, and cost-effective data migration solutions.
- 1997: Showcased beta version of ORAFlex to attendees of the Data Access Conference in Orlando, FL. New product includes support for current versions of Oracle and MS SQL Server; a number of unique migration assets also attracted developer and industry interest.
- 1998: Announced the release of ORAFlex 1.5 in June. Over 80 companies and Independent Software Vendors (ISV) purchased ORAFlex during the first year; The October release of SQLFlex for MS SQL Server expanded the family of Mertech products into the growing Microsoft SQL Server market.
- 1999: Mertech, Brasil opened and began operations. Initial product development, sales, and support efforts targeted the need to meet the demands of developers within Brazilian data infrastructure market.
- 2003: A new line of ISAM to SQL connectivity products is launched. Development effort continues to focus on creating a cost-effective bridge between an existing database and the emerging relational database technologies.
- 2004: Interest from the ISV and corporate community continue to grow. Mertech fine tunes Partner Developer program and update Developer Partner; Value Provider; and Value Added Reseller division to meet expanded interest in Mertech product line. Customer base grows to include over 2300 global customers.
- 2005: Mertech introduces major upgrade to the BTR2SQL product line
- 2007: Mertech celebrates 10 years in business, partnering with over 4,000 companies in over 20 countries, announces support for Magic development environment.
Mertech is headquarted in Miami, Florida with offices in Sao Paulo, Brazil, while maintaining partnerships with world-leading software companies such as Oracle, Microsoft, IBM, MySQL and Data Access Worldwide.