BTR2SQL: BTRIEVE TO ORACLE
Mertech's ISDBC driver is a native database driver that allows applications written for Pervasive Software's Btrieve® and Pervasive.SQL® transactional data sources to function with Oracle Corporations Oracle® RDBMS without the need to rewrite and recompile code. BTR2SQL is a technology bridge that allows an existing application that is currently working exclusively with Btrieve® Pervasive.SQL® transactional engines to quickly function with an Oracle® database server by following a few easy steps!
IDC estimates that SQL-based relational databases hold a 90% market share. In the Windows market, Oracle and Microsoft® have 80% of the market share while in the Unix market, Oracle alone has 67% of the market share. Application developers looking to expand their business must offer a solution for the Oracle database. Mertech's product offering enables developers using Btrieve and Pervasive.SQL's transactional engines to offer their solution on an Oracle platform immediately. Mertech's ISDBC driver for migrating to Oracle is designed to:
- Alleviate the costs associated with migrating applications working with Btrieve and Pervasive.SQL's transactional data sources to Oracle RDBMS
- Provide developers with a cost-effective, efficient, and platform independent solution to use their existing code with Oracle database servers.
- Create the opportunity for the developer to leverage existing applications with an Oracle back end immediately.
- Accomplish all of the above without compromising the stability or speed of the application.
Mertech's ISDBC driver uses Oracle Call Interface (OCI) for communicating and accessing the Oracle database. The driver communicates directly with the Oracle server through Oracle's network interface SQL*Net.
- Oracle 9i and above, Oracle Express