DATAFLEX TO DB2
Mertech's ISDBC Driver for DB2 is a high-performance database driver for connecting to DB2 server from DataFlex programs.
Written using IBM's Call Level Interface (CLI) API for DB2, Mertech's driver has all the features and similar functionality to its highly successful ISDBC drivers for Oracle and MS SQL Server. The DB2 ISDBC driver has been designed keeping in mind the specific requirements of DataFlex programs. For example, DataFlex developers make extensive use of case sensitive indexes and overlap fields. Mertech's driver provides excellent support for handling these DataFlex specific features without affecting performance. The driver also employs sophisticated cursor management techniques and fetch optimizations to enhance performance.
- New Flex2SQL 3.x with a File Maintenance Utility that allows users to modify file structure
- Native support for auto-increment recnum field: This is much faster than using trigger to insert recnum values
- Complete support for partial overlaps without impact on performance
- Complete support for case sensitive indexes
- Ability to use DB2 views as DataFlex files
- Seamless integration with existing TABLES and VIEWS by automatic generation of FD and TAG files from existing tables and views
- NO CODE RECOMPILATION! The table structure is exactly like DataFlex!
- High-speed data migration with DB2 Load: Flex2SQL generates the text file and the loader file.
- Preservation of RECNUM Values during migration
- Visual Query Builder to allow you to quickly build SQL queries, test the output and export it as embedded SQL code
- Support for DataFlex restructure commands
- Detailed migration report
- Generate SQL Script for creating tables, indexes for custom table creation
To be able to run a DataFlex program from any platform and connect to a DB2 database server, the user needs to install or have access to IBM's client libraries and client configuration utility, properly configured to access the DB2 server. Mertech's driver and license file is installed in the same directory as the DataFlex runtime and must also be accessible to the program.
- IBM UDB v7.1x and above
- Visual DataFlex 5 and above on Windows 2000 and above
- DataFlex 3.1x and above for Console Mode on Windows 2000 and above
- DataFlex 3.1x and above for Linux
- Please contact us for additional Unix platforms