DATAFLEX TO MYSQL
Developed using MySQL's C API, Mertech's ISDBC driver for MySQL provides complete support for various table handlers, file creation parameters, support for uppercase or lowercase object names and fast loading of data into tables using text files. DataFlex programs can take advantage of MyISAM tables which offer low-level ISAM access.
- Support for overlap/partial overlap fields
- Complete support for case sensitive indexes
- Complete support for mixed ascending and descending index segments
- Preservation of RECNUM values during data migration
- High-speed data migration
- Record Locking instead of file locking
- Complete Support for Transaction
- Access views as DataFlex files
- Seamless integration with existing TABLES and VIEWS by automatic generation of FD and TAG files from existing tables and views
- NO CODE RECOMPILATION! The Table structure is exactly like DataFlex!
- Support for DataFlex restructure commands
- Detailed migration report
- Generate SQL Script for creating tables and indexes
To be able to run a DataFlex program from any version of DataFlex, the MySQL client library, libmysql.dll in Windows or libmysql.so in Linux should be placed in the same directory as Mertech's driver and license file.
Furthermore, since Mertech's product is not open source and does not follow the GPL licensing, users of MySQL with Mertech's driver will have to purchase a commercial version of MySQL. Users are advised to check MySQL's web site for more information on purchasing commercial licenses. Please see Mertech's software license agreement for using MySQL commercial licenses.
Supported MySQL Versions
- MySQL 4.0.x and above.
Supported DataFlex Versions
- DataFlex 5.x and above for Windows 2000 and above
- DataFlex 3.1c and above Console Mode for Windows 2000 and above
- DataFlex 3.1d for Linux and above
- Please contact us for additional Unix platforms