DATAFLEX TO ORACLE
Flex2SQL for Oracle allows existing DataFlex® applications to connect to an Oracle® database server without requiring application level changes. The product uses Oracle's Oracle Call Interface (OCI) for communicating and accessing the Oracle database, which is much faster than using an ODBC-based product.
- Support for overlap/partial overlap fields
- Complete support for case sensitive indexes
- Complete support for mixed ascending and descending index segments
- Preservation of RECNUM values during data migration
- High-speed data migration
- Record Locking instead of file locking
- Complete Support for Transaction
- Access views and synonyms as DataFlex files
- Seamless integration with existing TABLES and VIEWS by automatic generation of FD and TAG files from existing tables and views
- NO CODE RECOMPILATION! The table structure is exactly like DataFlex!
- Support for DataFlex restructure commands
- Detailed migration report
- Generate SQL Script for creating tables and indexes
To be able to run a DataFlex program from any platform and connect to an Oracle database server, the user needs to install or have access to the Oracle SQL*Net client, properly configured to access the Oracle server. Mertech's driver and license file is installed in the same directory as the DataFlex runtime and must also be accessible to the program.
Supported Oracle Version
- Oracle® 9i and above, Oracle Express Edition
Supported Platform and DataFlex Versions
- Visual DataFlex® 5 and above, DataFlex® 3.1c and above
- Windows, Linux, HP and AIX
- Please contact us for additional Unix platforms