DATAFLEX TO POSTGRESQL
For those seeking support for stored procedure and functions, PostgreSQL provides an enterprise level database with absolutely no licensing fee. Mertech's driver provide access to stored procedures and functions from within a DataFlex program by using embedded SQL calls. For developers looking to adopt an enterprise level database with absolutely no license fee or royalty, PostgreSQL is the solution.
- Support for overlap/partial overlap fields
- Complete support for case sensitive indexes
- Complete support for mixed ascending and descending index segments
- Preservation of RECNUM values during data migration
- High-speed data migration
- Record Locking instead of file locking
- Complete Support for Transaction
- Access views as DataFlex files
- Seamless integration with existing TABLES and VIEWS by automatic generation of FD and TAG files from existing tables and views
- NO CODE RECOMPILATION! The Table structure is exactly like DataFlex!
- Support for DataFlex restructure commands
- Detailed migration report
- Generate SQL Script for creating tables and indexes
To be able to run a DataFlex program from any Windows version of DataFlex, the user needs to install or have access to PostgreSQL client libraries and client networking utility, properly configured to access the PostgreSQL server. Mertech's driver and license file is installed in the same directory as the DataFlex runtime and must also be accessible to the program.
Supported PostgreSQL Versions
- Version 7.3 and above
Supported DataFlex Versions
- DataFlex 5.x and above for Windows 2000 and above
- DataFlex 3.1c and above Console Mode for Windows 2000 and above
- DataFlex 3.1d for Linux and above
- Please contact us for additional Unix platforms