FLEX2SQL FOR MS SQL SERVER
SQLFlex® is a high-performance ISDBC driver for connecting to Microsofts MS SQL Server® database from DataFlex programs. The driver uses Microsoft's SQL Server Native Client for communicating with and accessing the MS SQL Server database. We ship the SQL Server Native client and it is also available as a free small download from Microsoft. There is no need to buy additional drivers from other vendors, like in the case of ODBC.
- Support for overlap/partial overlap fields
- Complete support for case sensitive indexes
- Complete support for mixed ascending and descending index segments
- Preservation of RECNUM values during data migration
- High-speed data migration
- Record Locking instead of file locking
- Complete Support for Transaction
- Access views as DataFlex files
- Seamless integration with existing TABLES and VIEWS by automatic generation of FD and TAG files from existing tables and views
- NO CODE RECOMPILATION! The table structure is exactly like DataFlex!
- Support for DataFlex restructure commands
- Detailed migration report
- Generate SQL Script for creating tables and indexes
To be able to run a DataFlex program from any Windows version of DataFlex the user needs to have the SQL Server Native client installed. Mertech's driver and license file is installed in the same directory as the DataFlex runtime and must also be accessible to the program.
Supported MS SQL Server Versions
- MS SQL Server 2005 and above
Supported DataFlex Versions
- DataFlex 5.x and above, DataFlex 3.1c and above
- Windows 2000 and above